Saturday, August 16, 2014

Who to talk to

                                                              When my parents were getting a divorce all the people close to us started asking about everything, most of the things they were asking were things that I didn't even know myself. I felt like a wave was going over my head and I was going to drown. I felt like I just needed to talk to someone. I'm sure that you have great friends, some friends just aren't listeners. Those are the friends that you can count on to put a smile on your face. It just  might mean that someone else might be better to talk to. You can turn to your parents too, but sense they might be causing some of the tension a family friend may be the better option. When talking to the person that you feel comfortable talking to try to talk to them regularly instead of just dumping everything on them at once. I know that this is very overwhelming at first, just don't keep all your feelings inside. Remember you have a choice as to who you want to talk to about it, and if you don't want to tell anyone new try talking about it with a sibling.

Siblings

Siblings can be one of the best people to talk to about these things. Cause guess what they are most likely going through the exact same thing.The thing about siblings is they may not want to talk about it with you because they are coping with it in a different way and may not want to talk about with you.If they don't feel like talking to you about it just give them space to think about and deal with it in your own way.

Parents

Your parents are also good people to talk to. I found myself often getting frustrated though because I had so many questions that they didn't have all the answers.I'm not going to lie I never talked to my parents about it that much except for when I had questions. However if you feel like that would be the person who you trust the most you should always try talking to them.

Pets

During my parents divorce my cat,Samantha was really and truly my best friend.I could tell her anything and she would just listen. Some people may argue that this might not be the "healthiest" approach,but it helped me to cope to just tell tell her all my feelings and fears. if you don't happen to have a pet try talking to to a stuffed animal.Who cares, if you think it will help you: talk to a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment