Monday, August 18, 2014

moving...

Moving 
Now it all depends on your situation,however
sometimes kids in the middle of a divorce find themselves moving.I did. Now if your moving next door, or across the country it doesn't matter. It could just mean you have to stay there part time or full time. The best person to ask is your parents, They will be the ones who know most about your
situation. There are a couple of things that you will have to deal with. The first thing is emotional moving and physical moving.I have moved twice due to the divorce. Once was in the same neighborhood, two streets away. Later I moved all the way across the country. For these two moves I have developed a system to keep everything in order, also to make sure that you don't lose it. 

Emotional Moving- It's hard to accept moving. It means not always having both of your parents in the same house when you need them. Keep in mind they are only a phone call away. I figured that depending on if you are changing schools,moving away from your friends,or more things that require many goodbyes; that you try and not think of how your life will change. I can pretty much tell you that everything is going to change in someway during the whole separation. I think that definitely the hardest thing for me was knowing that my spot had been taken at my old school,that my friends would move on. Also it hurt deep down that kids I had gone to school with since kindergarten will barely think twice about me leaving. It has definitely helped me to keep in touch with all of my old friends over social media and visiting them when I go back. There is no better feeling than going to your old school and having all your friends rush towards you, but there are still those kids who just walk right by you. The last and final thing is if you have social media apps that you use to stay in touch with your friends it can be a blessing and a curse. The blessing was that I had the chance to see what my friends were up to, the curse was that I could see them moving on without me. My advice: don't think to much about it.

Physical Moving- Now it all depends on your situation, whether you change houses once a year,a month,or a week. Obviously you should have the essentials at each house, but it's 
the things like your clothes that you really like,or your favorite game. These next few steps are for helping you to remember and know what to bring.

  • clothing 
  • shoes 
  • favorite games 
  • electronics and their chargers 
  • school work- notes  
Remember if you are going to be going to school while at the other house.

  • lunchbox 
  • backpack 
  • textbooks
  • notes 
  • homework 
  • uniform- if needed
If there is anything that you think that should be on this list please let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading
annony-mouse



No comments:

Post a Comment